Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We enjoyed the day today with our family. My parents, brother, sister & her family are down visiting. The superstar and princess had lots of fun bike riding, ring toss playing, cooking, and lots of playing with their cousins. I've been sick so I'm super glad that my mom could "save the day" by cooking everything. Hurray! We enjoyed our dinner sitting outside on the porch. It was great. We ended the evening by watching The Polar Express. We all enjoyed that too.

We went around the table at dinner and each said what we are thankful for. The superstar said he is thankful for his sister. AWWW!!!

(I'll post pictures of the day later...)

Our family is especially thankful for heart transplants! My husband's best friend (since childhood) has been on a VAD (heart pump) since May. He was just put on the list to wait for a heart transplant on Friday (the 21st). He and his wife got the call on Tuesday (the 25th) that they may have a heart for him. They traveled quickly to the hospital and was in surgery around 1 pm and out with a "new" heart by 6 pm!! My husband talked to his friend already and he is sitting up, eating, talking, etc. He will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks. What an amazing gift this donor gave. For this, we are truly thankful!!

No comments: