Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Back on track...

I've decided to get back on track with myself. Yep, myself. I'm going to get selfish and put myself first. YIKES!

Being a mom, it is SO EASY to put the kids first. Of course, I love them. Of course, I want the best for them. But I also want them to have a healthy mother for a long long time. A mom who has energy to DO things with them. Ya know?

So I am making the commitment to myself to get back on the Weight Watchers wagon. I've been an online member for over a year now and am down almost 30 pounds since I started in January of 2011. BUT, the biggest disappointment that I realized is that I am 2.2 pounds OVER what I weighed exactly one year ago. 2.2 lbs. MORE. NOT A FAN OF THAT. AT. ALL.

I'm recommitting myself to taking care of myself. To making sure I am tracking EVERYTHING that I eat. And to exercising. I'm not going to run a marathon next month or probably EVER, but I can go for a daily walk. I've done it before, I can do it again. And I am. Last night I walked 1.9 miles and tonight I walked 2.1 miles. I even jogged a very little part of each one. Who does that? Crazy!! Ha ha ha...

And, I'm going to keep up with this blog and use it as a place for me to keep myself accountable. Even if nobody ever reads it, I'll know this is "out there" and available for the world to see. No more excuses. No more putting everybody and everything else in front of my desire to be healthy. It's all about ME.

No comments: