Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's my birthday!

Today is my birthday! I started celebrating last night by going out with the "girls" - Herbie & D-Lyn. We went to dinner, a movie, and then a bar where a good-bye party was going on for a teacher at my school who is moving to another school to be an assistant principal. Dinner was delicious, the movie - Mama Mia! - was great, and the bar was a lot of fun! The "Santa Barbara Elvis" - a local iconic figure around here - was at the bar. Herbie even talked to him! We sang, danced, and hung out. I didn't get home last night until 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning! I haven't been awake that late in I don't know how long!
check out the 2 new members of the HSM 3 cast!


I'm still awake at 1 in the morning!!!

Today, I rested a lot, opened my super cool new laptop computer/birthday present, and went to dinner at the Olive Garden. We met up with the Pirate, Mermaid and family. Everyone was well behaved (even the husbands who debated politics the whole time!)

Mommy & Princess at the Olive Gardenthe Mermaid, Pirate and Mommy Doodle at the Olive Gardenthe Princess and Pirate at the Olive Garden - think she's happy??best friends at the Olive Garden!

Today, I got several "happy birthday" phone calls. They all made me smile. THANK YOU! Since I got a new laptop - I never had a laptop before - I also got to go and buy a new VERA!! I got the messenger bag in botanica - ON SALE SINCE IT IS A RETIRED PATTERN! I love to get Vera on sale!

I'll post some pics later from last night and today. Hooray! A good birthday and surprisingly, I didn't go to Pump It Up! like we did this summer so many times. HA!

3 comments:

Mommy Doodle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dinner was yummy... I am still so full!

Brody's Mommy said...

The princess and her cheese face are literally cracking me up right now!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful!

Unknown said...

I didn't know that ELVIS was there or I would have shown up! My happy Birthday was posted on your Facebook page!