Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm doing it!

I am doing it!  I'm tracking everything that goes into my mouth (today, at least), drinking water (going to down some more in a few minutes here), and I'm moving (again, at least today I am).  I know that I cannot do it all every day.  And I'm fairly certain that even the healthiest of people do not do everything they are "supposed to do" and stay away from every food they are "not supposed to" eat each and every day of their lives.  I'm hoping at least.  Because I do not see myself being "perfect" in eating and moving every day.  Ever.  Because I'm human.

Things that are helping me - taking time to track my food throughout the day, challenging myself one day/one hour/one minute at a time, and trying to "win" by filling in my "healthy checks" boxes every day.  (Part of my WW tracking includes checking off how many glasses of water, servings of milk, fruits and vegetables, taking a vitamin, and activity each day.)  I am not thinking of the "finish line" - my goal weight - because that seems too vague to me, almost unthinkable.  I am only thinking of today.  Well, I'm also thinking of my "weigh-in" day because the bigger numbers make me mad and sad.  Seeing the numbers go down is motivating.  Seeing the numbers go up is not.  Keeping myself on track (on program) is hard.  But also doable.  Completely doable.

I am here to say that I am doing it!  And I'm going to continue to do it.  I tracked everything that I ate today.  I went on a walk even though I didn't want to go, I had a headache and it was drizzling out.  But I felt good doing it and even ran a (very) little bit.  I am doing it!

No comments: