Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family Vacation Part 2 - Theme Parks!!

Saturday morning we woke up, went to breakfast at the hotel (kids ate free - hurray!) and went on to Universal Studios. I was able to "do" the Princess' hair before we left. It was sooo cute! I've been wanting to starting putting her hair up since before she was even born. And she is just starting to have enough hair to do it. But, the Princess usually won't let me do her hair. Oh well! I'll keep trying.


I took a picture of where we parked in case we forgot when it was time to leave:
We started walking in Universal Studios and right away saw Scooby, Shaggy, and the gang! The superstar was SOOO excited! He watches their movies and shows whenever he can.
The princess didn't care for the GIANT dog.
We made our way to the Barney area. Barney is a new FAVORITE of the Princess. I was so glad that they have a Barney show and we caught the first one of the day! The Princess LOVED LOVED LOVED the show! She danced and sang along with her favorite song "I Love You." I was so happy to see how happy the Princess was! After the show we even got to meet Barney. I was worried that the Princess wouldn't like the GIANT dinosaur because of her reaction to the GIANT Scooby-Doo. But she did fine UNTIL, he bent down to kiss her. Because of Barney's open mouth, it looked like he was going to bite her head off! The Princess was ready to leave the Barney area!
Afterwards, the Princess fell asleep...And the Superstar got grumpy!I soon found out there's almost nothing that a giant swirly lollipop can't cure!

The Princess took out her very pretty hair doodles and had funny hair for a bit:

We made our way around the park, met Shrek:and then went over to Islands of Adventure. We spent most of our time in Seuss Landing and had LOTS of fun going on the rides there.

We spent about 12 hours at both parks and had fun!

No comments: