Saturday, August 30, 2008

school, germs, long weekend, and a TOAD!

The second week of school has ended and all is going well. The superstar is doing very well - he just needs to stop talking when the teacher is talking! - and the princess is doing great too. The superstar learned to play "battleship" in after school care and loves it. He had one more gift card from his birthday and just bought the game. He and Daddy are sitting down to play it now. What fun! The princess' upper respiratory infection is clearing up, I think. Her nose is still a little runny from time to time but doesn't sound as horse. My throat has been hurting at night - probably from over use during the day and I've been suffering from a terrible sinus headache all day today. Thank you FL allergies, rain, and Kindergarten germs!!

My class is looking like a dream class! They are very bright and willing to do whatever is asked of them. I am really enjoying this group so far. Last year's class was a real challenge so I am really enjoying the change this year. I have a little bell (I'll post a picture of it another time) that I can ring and my students stop whatever they are doing, stop talking, and look at me for a direction. AMAZING! I call it my little ringy-dingy bell. We've also started a new reading series which has the students creating an ABC Scrapbook throughout the school year. We completed the A page this week and the projects look super cute! Again, I'll post a picture of this later - I left my camera at school yesterday! Oops!

I am very thankful for the long weekend we are enjoying. Today was a day of rest for me - my headache wouldn't let me move for most of the day! Now it is on to laundry, cleaning up the house, hosting a BBQ dinner with the Pirate, Mermaid, & their parents, and enjoying time with my kiddos.

On a side note, when we came home this evening in the pouring down rain, a toad jumped into the garage. I am TERRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted by frogs/toads of all kind! My husband tried to get the thing out but it hopped under something and it is stuck there now. I hope it gets itself out of the garage but it will probably die under there. ARG!!! I managed to come into the house - how, I don't know. But I may move somewhere else.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm glad this year is looking so good! I know what you mean about the toad thing. I'm okay with toads, but have an unreasonable terror of tree frogs. Where I used to live had them all over every night and I remember one time one jumped on me and another time one was sleeping on the doorknob. I came home late at night and didn't see it. It makes my stomach flip just to think about opening that door and feeling that thing under my hand and then it moving! Uggggghhhh.