Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Second Glance

I finished reading Second Glance late last night/early this morning! It was GOOOOOOD! Parts of it were set in the early 1930's in Vermont where there was a movement for voluntary sterilization of people to end "feeblemindedness" and other non-desired behaviors. I was surprised that this really happened. There were many states with voluntary sterilization laws in effect. When Hitler and the Nazi movement got going, the push here stopped. It's interesting and sad to think that Americans were doing such things just 70-something years ago. The book was a good read - I recomend it to all! Let me know if you have read it and what you think! I have one more Picoult to read (Change of Heart) before I've read them all and can start rereading them.

No comments: